Thursday, September 10, 2009

Addiction to Caffiene

Okay so I finally realized that I am addicted to caffiene. Whether I am going to school or work, it is important that before I begin my diligent day of tasks, I must get a boost of energy to get me going. I make it a requirment to stop at starbucks; for a tall inside of a grande cup pikes blend of hot coffee, or stop at 7/11 on a fairly hot day; for an ice cold monster energy drink. This sounds bad I know, but I know I am addicted because if I don't drink coffee first thing in the morning, I end up suffering with a throbbing headache, that turns into a migrane. If I am at school for instance and have tons of homework or studying to do, I know I won't be able to fully focus unless I drink a monster energy drink.

For my class schedule, I made it so that my first class begins at 8am and 9:30am every other day. This gives me the rest of the day to what I call "handle business". I either go to work, or study. It's unfortunate that without caffiene, I will be unable to complete either of the two.

I work at Bath and Body Works. We are known for our fantastic customer service and to "pamper" him or her depending on what they are lookin for. I was recently promoted to a sales leader, who is in charge of influencing my team to assure him or her the best customer service and make their day speacial. Obviously, this is not a job for anyone who is not friendly or who is tired all the time. Also, since I am one of the managers at the store, I have to always exemplify great leadership skills. For me, it is tough to mentally be at work unless I have that extra boost of energy, whether it's coffee or that high calorie energy drink. This is how I know I am addicted; I give myself and extra 30 minutes before a shift at work to walk into starbucks, make my coffee and sit in the break room to wake me up before working on my sales floor.

Being a full-time college students means that I have to be disciplined, dedicated, and determined. Being able to be fully focused in class, and making to school on time is important. So when I begin my early day, I know I have to make a stop at the store or at starbucks. Caffiene makes me alert and focused. Without it, I feel very exhausted, cranky, or like the day is going so slow. This is pretty sad, but I am addmitting to my addiction. I love the challenges I have at work or at school. If I didn't, I would be careless about my energy level at both.

No comments:

Post a Comment