Thursday, September 3, 2009

A day at school

School school school! It takes up all my time and I am always tired. I never get any rest. Ever since the new semester started, I have gone back to the same old routine like last semester: wake up, go to school, go to work or study (depending on if it's one of my only 2 days off during the week), then go home. When I actually, usually around 10pm because of work, I admit I am relieved that the day is over so I can attempt to get some rest, however not as much as I wish much because there are only a few hours in the day left before the next one begins all over again. It's not that I dislike school, I just wish there was an easier way to just finish already.

I come to school fulltime and work part-time. Being a fulltime student is not easy. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. I have a total of 12 units which isn't bad, but I work at least 22 hours a week at my job. In between school and work, I try to find down time to study and meet deadlines I have. If I have even more extra time I will sleep, or make plans with my boyfriend of friends. Having a social life is important throughout college, so I try not too work hard and forget that I am still young and need to enjoy life now before I get too old to experience some things like going out to the club, or hanging out at teh beach all day to watch the sunset and enjoy a bon fire when the sun goes down. So I try to attempt all these things to enjoy life as well as handling business regarding my personal obligatins, but I just wish there was an easier way to do it all.

One of the things I tried to do in order to make school easier for me is taking classes everyday throughout the week. I come to school Monday through Friday. My days begin at 8am and 9:30am every other day. My days end at 10:45 everyday, except Tuesdays and Thursdays where I have an evening math class from 5-6:15. I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off from work so I usually study during the 6 hour and 15 minute gap period I have. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays are the days I work after school, which means another long day for Tina. As far as Satudays and Sundays, I either sleep in, then wake up and go to work, or wake up early for work and get home in time to study a little before the day is over and I am getting ready for bed or trying to fit some "evening social time"; having a girl's night or spending time with my boyfriend. At the end of the day, all I think about is my comfortable bed and how much I want to be laying in it! I am not a pessimistic person at all, I always try to find the positive in evreything to keep me going, but if there was an easier way to do it all, I wish someone would tell me.

This is my second to last semester here at the college and I cannot wait to transfer to SDSU next fall. All this hard work I am complaining about right now will pay off when I am moving on to bigger an better things next year. My goal is to learn all the basics right here at Southwestern college, then take everything I have learned and apply it to more challenging projects later in life. I stress out about all these things I have going on right now because my first 2 years in college determines a lot. Once I have officially accomplished my last semester of community college, I will look back and say I am glad I did it all then versus waiting until I was older. So when I say I wish there were easier ways to do things, it actually goes against what I learned growing up, "Things are always difficult before they're easy."

No comments:

Post a Comment