Thursday, September 6, 2012

Favorite Song



Drake's "Take Care" featuring Rhianna is currently one of my favorite songs. I feel like in reference to poetry, any poetic song or poem should be relatable. "Take Care" dispalys the connection between two people who were both heart broken at one point and are both hesitant to beginning a new relationship with eachother. Both characters explain how their hearts will be safe with one another, however they also reiterate how afraid they are to move fast. Overall, poetic material is meant to convey realistic meanings and connect to the readers or audience. This song is definitely relatable.

1 comment:

  1. I like this song too but I don't think that it really can be called a poem. The only reason I say this is because of the fact that it sounds more like a conversation song. There aren't really any metaphors. There are indirect remarks about the life they both are coming from like " you've had yours, I've had mine" the vague remark leaves and open ended question to what their taking about. Is it sex? Is it heart break? Other then this it sounds more like their telling a story. What do you feel makes this song poetic?

    ReplyDelete