Thursday, September 6, 2012

Media technology plays a role in teaching

As it is my senior year at CSUN (California State University Northridge), I plan on pursuing a graduate studies program to further my education towards a teaching credential. As an English major, I have realized and learned many different techniques of learning throughout college. One that has been the most impactful is learning through technology.

Technology has progressed in many different professions and has become a great impact on many businesses. Media technology plays an important role in teaching college students because our newer generations practises thoughts, behaviors, and learning through technology.

At CSUN, the most education resource for learning is the moodle website. Most of my professor have utilized moodle as a resource to submit work, to post blogs about assigned readings regarding the courses subjects and topics, as well as challenging other peers and their intillect when responding to posted forums and discussions. Moodle had become the most effective for the way I choose to learn new things and practise different writing skills.

As a future educator, I plan on being a teacher who looks at websites such as moodle.com to better prepare my students in becoming "tech-savvy." This will influence not just my students, but others to keep up with challenges as our society continues to further enhance the use of technology. Again, English major greatly appreciate writers in general. Social media websites have inspired many people to become writers and bloggers which is how we gain our media knowledge about what happening in the world hence news headlines.

All in all, it is just staying in the race with the world since there are things happening everyday. I would not want my students to miss out on anything because they are not using technology like so many courses now-a-days do.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I think that if I was teaching a class, I would also employ students to be "tech-savvy" because in today's day and age: it's all around us. I would also agree from the standpoint that it would also be easier to provide extra assignments and resources to students. Moodle has been so helpful since I started using it. It is one of the ways to always be informed. If students need a quick answer to a queston, they refer back to moodle sometimes.

    Technology is slowly but surely being woven into discourse and our teaching curriculum. It is almost impossible to deny its impact but also how beneficial it is nowadays. Therefore, I think it is more than appropriate to prepare students and make them aware of the technological world and its influence. I mean this apart from its function because it is also important to look at media technology in more than one way.

    ReplyDelete