Thursday, September 20, 2012

Northridge Heat!

The Valley is much more hotter than where I'm from. I understand it's summer time so we should expect it to be this hot, however I would much rather enjoy being back home in San Diego. The weather is much breezier plus there is always something to do. Last year when I first moved up here, that was the very first thing I called my dad to complain about. I was so upset that it was humid. There was absolutely nothing I could do.

We have officially began Fall semester. It's been a year since I last moved up here, and even though the valley is considered Southern California, I still refer to Northridge as "up here" because it's north of San Diego. Now that I have been here for a year, I know what to expect when the seasons change. Of course I know what the heat feels like, and I mean real heat. As we approached a new season, I realized that the people I knew last year were complaining about how hot it is. The Valley is hot and there is no changing it.

The best way to cope with this extremely hot weather is by either not thinking about it, or wearing appropriate clothes. I personally cannot wait until we get cooler weather. Me, myself, I would much rather be cold living here in the valley because San Diegans were not raised in climates like this. So even though people complain about weather they should already expect, it really should influence the school's decision to cancel classes when the climates become so unbearable. It's unfair that when other geographical areas are affected by extreme weather climates that their school's are canceled. For example if it snows, schools have a "snow day" and nobody has to attend school. If there is an extreme amount of rain increasing inch by inch, the news stations will announce school is canceled.

As for Californians, we have to suffer here in Northridge, California and still attend class when the weather is above one hundred and five degrees Fahrenheit. Just horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment